Hola people of the world!
It’s been too long since I have expressed my gratitude in writing and I have about 15 minutes to bang this out and get on with my day before my internet craps out again…time for a new modem and router!
Without further ado, today’s Gratitude goes out to:
- My Greggor. The funny thing about my husband is that he says he doesn’t, but he really does get me and all my shit and quirks. There’s a song by Kevin Fowler called Hard Man To Love that Greg really likes and I’m 100% sure he likes it because if the word “woman” is inserted everywhere it says “man”, the song pretty much describes life with me…even the part about the kitchen table leaning from where the dude kicked it once (except my line in that song would go something like, “The wind whistling through the picture window from that time I had a hissy fit and smashed the shit out of it when we first started dating and I didn’t know how to control my emotions.”). Even on my worst days – and thank goodness they are few and far between – he still lets me be me and still lets me know when I’m being a total douchebag. A guy who loves me in good times and bad is definitely something to be uber grateful for.
- My new teammates and league mates. Ya’ll have just accepted me with open arms and made me feel welcome and appreciated AND you aren’t afraid to remind me to check my attitude if it’s needed. I am so excited about this season. So excited!
- Junovious Prime LeFlufy. Best. Dog. Ever. I don’t even have to explain why because those of you who know him will totally understand the why of this gratitude!
- My car. She’s a little powerhouse that gets me to so many places, through all kinds of weather, and never complains. I am so grateful to have a reliable car that I never have to worry about when I’m traveling. And she’s ours, all ours!
- Snow. I know, so many people detest winter and can’t stand snow – driving in it, shovelling it, etc. I LOVE DRIVING IN SNOW. It challenges my winter driving skills and looks super pretty. Shovelling it gives me a kick ass core, arm and shoulder workout. Who wouldn’t want that?
- Kimmobabs. You always let me use you as a guinea pig when I have shooting ideas and you’re always so gracious and funny. You make me happy when we hang out and I think we need to do it a lot more. I’m grateful that, way back when, we found ourselves working together in the same crazy law office, and that we’ve kept up our friendship ever since. Much gratitude to you, my friend. 🙂
- Moon! I love you woman and I’m just really grateful that I’m now playing in your league. That is all.
- LucyD. You and I have such a great, similar sense of humour. I am grateful for all the laughs you give me…and little Molly’s message about her vagina yesterday! So funny.
- Stu & Martina. When I received your Thank You card the other day, I laughed my ass off. It was just so YOU and totally fitting. Stu, you are probably the funniest geeknerd I know and I am grateful that we did our Chem degrees together…and that you’re actually using yours to make the world a better place! I’m also grateful that you met Martina and she loves you all the way up to the moon and back. Your babies are going to be frighteningly intelligent. They will probably end up taking over the world, like that Brain dude in that cartoon…
- FloJo. Man, it just doesn’t matter what is going on in your life or how stressful it is or how much shit is going down, you forever remain a compassionate soul and always put others before yourself. I’m grateful that I have you to remind me to be more compassionate to those around me. xoxo
- Books. Right now I’m re-reading Mind Gym by Gary Mack, I will teach you to be rich by Ramit Sethi, The Fire Starter Sessions by Danielle LaPorte, and every day I read or re-read a chapter from Buddhist Boot Camp by Timber Hawkeye (and no, that’s not his real name). Every one of them is enhancing my life, my drive, my spirit and my outlook on life. They are all feel good books and I enjoy feeling good.
- My brain. Yes, it’s a bit damaged and sometimes it doesn’t function at optimum capacity, but I am a fairly intelligent gal and I am grateful that I can use my thinker to pull myself out of attitude ruts like the one I was in most of yesterday. It’s nice to know that I can change my outlook just by willing my brain to change its course of thinking. 🙂
- Lastly, I’m grateful that I live in one of the most peaceful, safest countries in the world and for the things that I often take advantage of and forget how lucky I am to have-a house, food, money, and my health (mostly!).
I actually have a lot to be grateful for, but I’m at the 14 minute mark and I know internet will be gone in another minute. Hope it gets fixed soon. Ya’ll should spend 15 minutes today writing down what you are grateful for. It will amaze you and lift you up!
Have a great weekend, my friends. I wish you all enough…
Here’s Stu & Martina’s Thank You card. They are both chem geeknerds, hence why this card made me laugh so dang hard!